In reception, the Early Years Foundation Stage framework is followed.
The phonics scheme used is Read Write Inc.
We use a range of reading schemes e.g. Read, Write Inc, Project X, Cambridge Reading Adventures and Oxford Reading Tree.
In the EYFS (nursery and reception classes) the children quickly acquire knowledge as a result of a well planned curriculum.
For example they learn about:
- themselves within the topics ‘Can I?' and 'Superheroes'
- healthy eating within the topic 'What happened to Jack's beans?'
- the local area within the topic 'Can I?'
- the climate/seasons within the topic ‘Let it Snow.'
- life cycles within the topics ‘Growing’ ‘What happened to Jack’s beans’
- global issues within Green Week and Community Week
- celebrations within the topic ‘Let's Celebrate'
Emphasis is placed on speaking and listening within all aspects of the curriculum to enable the children to develop communication skills. Speaking and listening skills are also developed through discrete programmes such as:
- LEAP (Language Enrichment Activity Programme)
- VIP (Vocabulary Improvement Programme)
- Stories For Talk
Click on the link to view the yearly plan for Reception.