Lunchtime is from 12.00-1.00 every day in reception, y1, y2.
Pupils have the option of choosing a free school lunch or bringing a packed lunch from home.
The free school lunches are cooked on site at Brightside NI School and pupils can choose from five options daily. There are two hot lunches (one vegetarian option), a jacket potato with various fillings and two sandwich options. Your child will choose from the menu daily at register time in the morning.
Please inform the school if your child has any dietary requirements or allergies.
There are two playgrounds at Brightside NI School for the reception, y1 and y2 pupils. Reception pupils have their own playground and y1 and y2 use the larger playground which has a range of playing equipment for pupils.
At Brightside we have been developing different play zones to enable children to play constructively in areas without inhibiting others.
Our playground currently has:
- A quiet zone – a place where children can read, draw and write.
- A games zone – Lunchtime supervisors lead a number of traditional games each day.
- A garden Zone – a zone where children can garden and make dens.
- A team games zone – 3 separate areas to play football, basketball etc. Sports coaches support the children 3 days per week, Mr Needham coaches football every day.
- An Imaginative zone – this is an area where children can use material and other things to develop their imaginative play.
At playtime children are able to choose to enjoy their own free play or join in with the lunchtime supervisors and sports coaches.