School Council 2017 -2018
Brightside Nursery & Infant School Council is made up of 12 pupils from year 1 and year 2. In the autumn term, every pupil votes for who they would like to be a council member from each class. The votes are then counted and the School Council is formed. The School Council meet every few weeks with Mr Smith to discuss current school issues.
We are currently electing new members for 2017/2018 from pupils in year 1 and year 2.
The School Council have also made some suggestions for projects that they would like to work on in the future. These will be discussed and implemented in future school council meetings.
The new projects include:
- creating areas for games such as hopscotch and farmers in his den
- using colouring sheets in the quiet zone in the playground
- changing outdoor books more regularly
- looking at a wider range of after school clubs
- talking to the reception children about what they like at school
The decisions made last year include:
- choosing a theme for World Book Day
- designing and making posters to remind pupils to hang their coats up
- planting seeds in the school garden to make it look more attractive
- choosing two year 2 children per day to 'help out' in the reception playground
- developing the new playground zones
- choosing to take coats off if the weather is mild
- devising questions to interview Mrs Batham for the Brightside Bulletin
- introducing a 'badge and timer' system to enable a fairer way for children to access the garden at lunchtime
- developing rules to be displayed in the school garden
- choosing to send money from the School Fun Run to Help a Hallam Child