School Council 2018 - 2019
Brightside Nursery & Infant School Council is made up of 10 pupils from year 1 and year 2. In the autumn term, every pupil votes for who they would like to be a council member from each class. The votes are then counted and the School Council is formed. The School Council meet every few weeks with Mr Smith to discuss current school issues. They then report issues and discussions back to their classes every two weeks in class council.
Here are our new members of the School Council for 2018/19.
Autumn 1- The school council thought about how they could raise money at Harvest Time. They decided to have a food collection and donate it to The Cathedral Archer Project to help people who are homeless.
The School Council have also made some suggestions for projects that they would like to work on in the future. These will be discussed and implemented in future school council meetings.
The new projects include:
- developing the wildlife garden with the help of parent/carers,
- developing the school library to make it more inviting and to encourage more children/families to access books,
- choosing lunchtime and after school clubs that will appeal to other pupils.
The decisions made last year include:
- choosing a theme for World Book Day
- designing and making posters to remind pupils to hang their coats up
- planting seeds in the school garden to make it look more attractive
- choosing two year 2 children per day to 'help out' in the reception playground
- developing the new playground zones
- choosing to take coats off if the weather is mild
- introducing a 'badge and timer' system to enable a fairer way for children to access the garden at lunchtime
- developing rules to be displayed in the school garden
- choosing to send money from the School Fun Run to Help a Hallam Child