The government has allocated an additional amount of funding to schools to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport in order to promote the pupils’ health and well being.
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of physical education (PE), physical activity and sport that they offer.
This means that schools should use the premium to:
- develop or add to the PE, physical activity and sport activities that the school already offers
- build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
The Sport Premium report and information below provides you with information of how the funding was in spent in EYFS and KS1 2017/18 and 2018/19.
At Brightside we value the importance of PE and sports in our curriculum. We offer:
- two PE sessions per week (KS1) and one PE session per week (reception)
- the Daily Mile on our outdoor track (KS1)
- 2x daily Activate/Go Noodle/Yoga/Super movers in the classroom
- coaches from Arches organise outdoor/playground games at lunchtimes 3x per week (KS1 and reception)
- daily football at lunchtime
- at least one sports based afterschool club per half term e.g. cheerleading, yoga, multi-sports
- a cycling before school club in the summer term
- attendance at termly Archers events such as gymnastics, hopscotch, cross country, kick rounders at various sporting grounds in Sheffield
- trips to try different sports in the locality e.g. ice skating at Ice Sheffield, circus skills at Greentop Circus, sports skills at the English Institute of Sport
- swimming in the summer term of Year 2