Keeping Brightside Green
In 2021 we will be applying for the Eco Green Flag Award. We will be continuing to develop our projects such as the School Garden and the Outdoor Woodland Area.
We have recently elected a new Green Team! The Green team have been meeting with Miss Beard at dinner times and helping her to take care of our school garden. We have just planted some seeds and bulbs so keep an eye on the garden to see what grows.
In 2019, Brightside NI School was awarded the Eco Green Flag School Award for the second time.
We have worked hard in 2020 so far to develop projects on how to keep our school green.
We have been involved in a range of projects that have helped us to achieve this such as:
- Active Week
- Green Week/Community Week
- World Culture Day
- International Week
- Gardening After School Club
- Developing our School Garden alongside the local community
- Developing our Outdoor Learning Area alongside business firms from the local community
- Monitors to help keep our school 'green' e.g. light monitor, plant monitor
- Pet rabbits
- Forest Schools field area
The Green Team
The Green Team at Brightside NI School have a special job to help Miss Beard to take care of the environment in and around school.
In the autumn term, pupils in year 1 and year 2 apply to become part of the Green Team. They need to explain how they can help to look after the school.
Meet our Green Team!