Keeping Brightside Green
In 2019, Brightside NI School was awarded the Eco Green Flag School Award for the second time.
We have been working hard in 2020 so far to develop projects on how to keep our school green.
We have been involved in a range of projects that have helped us to achieve this such as:
- Walk to School Week
- Green Week/Community Week
- World Culture Day
- Gardening After School Club
- Developing our School Garden alongside the local community
- Developing our Outdoor Learning Area alongside business firms from the local community
- Monitors to help keep our school 'green' e.g. light monitor, plant monitor
- Pet rabbits
- Forest Schools field area
The Green Team
The Green Team at Brightside NI School have a special job to help Miss Beard and Miss Fidler take care of the environment in and around school.
In the autumn term, pupils in year 1 and year 2 apply to become part of the Green Team. They need to explain how they can help to look after the school.