Keeping Brightside Green
The Green Team
The Green Team at Brightside NI School have a special job to help Miss Parker and Miss Buck to take care of the environment in and around school.
In the autumn term, pupils in year 1 and year 2 apply to become part of the Green Team. They need to explain how they can help to look after the school.
Miss Parker is currently electing new members for the Green Team.
In 2021 we continued to develop our projects such as the School Garden and the Outdoor Woodland Area.
We elected a Green Team! The Green team met with Miss Beard at dinner times and helping her to take care of the school garden. They planted lots of seeds and bulbs and grew some delicious vegetables to eat,
They have also been involved in a range of projects such as:
- Active Week
- Green Week/Community Week
- World Culture Day
- International Week
- Gardening lunch time club
- Developing our Outdoor Learning Area alongside business firms from the local community
- Monitors to help keep our school 'green' e.g. light monitor, plant monitor
- Pet rabbits
- Forest Schools field area